Radio Mobiles (was: Weather guys and gals)

Aaron writes:
> Also, a 1958 Plymouth Fury and a 1961 Cadillac Fleetwood
> Brougham look
> similar enough to a 1980's crowd that a "Christine"
> moniker...esp. given
> the "underground" nature of WJUL...is not inappropriate.  :-)

Brings up the potential for an interesting string on radio station vee-hicles,
mobile units, studios.

Does WRKO still have that mobile unit painted to resemble a giant radio?
Whatever happened to WHDH's 1973 GMC mobile studio.  WCAP's twin (practically)
1974 is still in service.  IIRC, WBZ used to have a decent mobile home with the
host at the stern (Diane pun unintended).  It seems that the days of those big
machines are over, opting for trade-SUVs with a trade-paint job.   I teched a
number of WHDH remotes from the GMC and it was spots and all from the remote.
WCAP was the same in the earlier productions and then became more "drop-in"
events.

Bill O'Neill