now; 1510 (again?!) (was: Weather guys and gals)

From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
Date:  Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:55:42 -0400
>Mike could tell a few stories about 1510 interference!  How many filters did you
>install in local resdences anyway?

I remember well the first day we fired up the BE, certainly less than full power I assure you, after years of having the Waverly Square area rfi-free, uh, I mean, 1510-free... Ted Nahill, Doug Lane and a few others of us were at the site. Moments after Ted gave it a little juice, we hear sirens. Someone jokes that that's because of us.  Well, long story short, it *is* because of us. Seems that the poor folks at a local business had their recently installed fire detection system go off everytime we powered up. Much teeth-nashing over that as you can imagine.

Yes, lot's of time, money, and effort went into taking 1510 out of light switches, telephones (gd Princess phones!), forced-hot water heating baseboards (okay, *that* was an easy fix), electrical appliances, and the like. But you folks know all about that.

Though my favorite story, which I can only say I read in a newspaper (WITS era), came from a homeowner who was getting the programming up through their toilet bowl. Something about the length of a cold water pipe in the basement, and the acoustic properties of the toilet bowl.

Worked on that Ampliphase, but never got to see *it* work. Does anyone know if that ever got put back into service?

Mike