Re: now; 1510 (again?!) (was: Weather guys and gals)

On 29 Aug 2003 at 14:02, Mission Control wrote:

> Though my favorite story, which I can only say I read in a newspaper (WITS
> era), came from a homeowner who was getting the programming up through
> their toilet bowl. Something about the length of a cold water pipe in the
> basement, and the acoustic properties of the toilet bowl.

That reminds me of a comic, I believe on the old Jack Paar Tonight Show, whose real name
escapes me, but he played a character called Charlie Weaver.  He would read letters from
his mother back in Mount Idy, who described the local goings-on.  One running gag was
about the woman who had a metal plate in her head.  One day she was struck by lightening,
and ever since, she has gotten television on her glasses.

No, I didn't get to stay up late to watch the Jack Paar Tonight Show.  But there was a book
of Letters from Mount Idy, which I got out of the library.