Re: talk radio changes, fill-ins

> If WRKO moved Whitley to mornings, where he used to
> be, that would be two
> conservatives on the AM drive which they haven't
> historically done [Sure, Ozone
> was more loudmouth/lifestyle to Blute's
> conservative. But in the past it has
> been liberal/moderate vs. conservative].

Assuming they're keeping Blute. Perhaps bringing in a
liberal for balance? Ms. Clapprood, there's a Mr.
Elder on line one for you :)

bagging... Howie Carr for even worse infractions
> against humanity.

You mean they can get rid of him for eating all
the Cheez-Its in the station? :)

 it would be
> nice to see Savage get the boot for something a
> little more listenable.

I would applaud that. I prefer Ingraham's "reality
radio; weapon of mass instruction" to Savage. Not
into his yelling, etc. (as I've said
before I'm conservative on some issues, liberal
on others....and the tone of a talk host means a lot
to me. Sure, let them yell once in awhile to a caller
who really doesn't get it, but let them be personable
for the most part. This is why I like Hannity.
He seems down to earth and pleasant, for the most
part. You may not agree with his views but he's
easy to listen to. And while he does plug his book,
he isn't over the top about it like Savage is!)

> Who is on WRKO from 10 p.m. on? I haven't been
> listening at night lately
> since I moved up north? I thought the Alan Colmes
> show was fast-paced and
> interesting guest-driven. They should consider
> bringing him back.

Batchelor and Alexander. Since Hannity is on
WTKK, I prefer that. Colmes isn't too bad--
I used to like his old afternoon show which used
to begin and end with "Radio Grafitti", a concept
which, take note, was later stolen by Carr
("Chumpline"), The Big Show ("Whiner Line"),
Dennis & Callahan ("Dump Line"), and even his
TV partner Hannity ("Trashing the Lines"; "Hannity's
Insanity").

Interesting idea for the WTKK folks, though it
probably won't happen: Picking up the feed for
Fox News Channel's "Hannity and Colmes" at 9 pm,
then going into tape-delayed Hannity radio show.
But I think WRKO has tie-ins to Fox and they'd
get first dibs.

If Savage's ratings were to cool slightly, maybe
'RKO could cut his show to 7-9 pm then do
a radio simulcast of Sean and Alan?