Re: Saga buys WIDE

i've omitted the "TO' adressees to save time and bandwidth

what has been said here is pretty damn cruel, gang.

i work for THE PORTLAND RADIO GROUP.  yes, we are owned by Saga Communications.

the entity has entered into an agreement to buy a signal that has become, sadly,
less than a shadow of what it, and many other signals like it, was.

the "live midday" programming was damn Chinese Auction, for God's sake!  that's not radio; that was survive at any cost.  4 minute adlibs about dunkin donuts or a 30 dollar gift certificate to (fill in the blank) for half-price!  yep.  that sure was good radio.

if, in your estimation that the existing bird-fed programming on WIDE is in any way different than any other potential programming, let us know.

wow.  pretty heddy responses for the little am signal in Biddeford.  and i have an affection for the joint: i ran it for five years.  we had some pretty talented people pass through, among them Gary Tanguay, Lindsey Dean, Bruce Campbell and others.  i, as well, was sad when the station took a syndicated, non-local turn in 1989.  (*that was 14 years ago; the reason why i left)

take care.  i'm on vacation, hangin' with the mouse.

- -chuck (not a corporate shill) igo