Re: Radio station to resume broadcasting Friday

At 03:40 AM 8/21/2003, Bob Nelson wrote:

>--- Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> > Radio Free Brattleboro plans to return to the air on
> > Friday:
>
>I'm sure they feel the FCC won't bug them anymore
>come Jan. 20, 2005, when President Dean takes
>office :)
>
>By the way, I am now offering my services as a
>doctor. Sure, I don't have a license to practice
>medicine, but who needs a license? After all, if these
>guys can go one without a broadcasting license,
>then... :)
>
>--Robert Nelson, M.D. :)

Frankly, I know some folks who are not licensed MD's but I think they know
a lot more about (some kinds of) medicine than some licensed
doctors.   Much like how I know some stations that aren't licensed but I
think they know a lot more about radio than some licensed stations.

Although at least with unlicensed radio the risk of death is, admittedly,
somewhat lower.  :-)

BTW, RFB isn't too swift...if they'd stick with the expanded AM band like
all the Boston pirates do, they could stay on the air forever.  ;-)