Re: WJIB-AM 74 music on weekends???

> I believe the newer Red Line cars and the new-new Green Line cars (at

I think I saw one of those new Red train cars rolling over one of the
overpasses as I was driving under.

Ugly as hell.  I HATE stainless steel, especially brushed stainless steel.
At least they still have a red stripe painted on them (or is it just one
big sticker?).

We have stainless steel cars in the NYC subway also...but they have
absolutely NO decoration.  One model used to have a blue stripe down the
middle of the cars back in the 1980s (when they were new) but it's since
been removed -- painted over with gray paint to match the rest of the
stainless steel shell.

What was wrong with the old Red cars? They seemed in pretty good shape.
MBTA seems like it takes good care of its rolling stock.

NYCTA -- forget it.  It's all hack-jobs and jerry-rigs here - brutes
working on the stuff, and it shows.  The propensity towards vandalism by
our riders also doesn't help (the newest cars with formica interiors --
saw one recently with two massive knife gouges in it).

--
Sven