Re: Radio station to resume broadcasting Friday

On 21 Aug 2003 at 11:09, Aaron Read wrote:

> Frankly, I know some folks who are not licensed MD's but I think they know
> a lot more about (some kinds of) medicine than some licensed doctors.
> Much like how I know some stations that aren't licensed but I think they
> know a lot more about radio than some licensed stations.
>
> Although at least with unlicensed radio the risk of death is, admittedly,
> somewhat lower.  :-)

This is comparing apples and oranges.  Medical licenses exist in order to make sure that
those who practice medicine meet certain standards of competence.  Broadcast licenses
exist in order to allocate finite spectrum space and have little or nothing to do with
competence.