More news on WJUL

Clea Simon has a post in today's Globe about WJUL...as usual the gist is
correct but the details might be a little off.  Particularly that the new
"SunRise" morning news show is supposed to start the first week of
September.  Word is that it won't be until mid-semester due to issues
finding a place to build the satellite studio.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/219/living/WJUL_staff_isn_t_hot_about_Sun+.shtml

Might I add that building a satellite studio is (probably) a very dumb
idea.  It worses the already-bad "us vs. them" mentality at WJUL and I
wouldn't be surprised at all if WJUL could really benefit from all new
studios anyway.  Plus if you're going to blow all the money to build a
decent news satellite studio, you could build a full-fledged one for far
less than to build both separately.  It's a real waste.

The exception here is if they're building a really cheesy satellite studio
that doesn't have much in the way of real studio amenities and it's a
temporary home while the real studios are built.  That I can understand;
you can make almost any office into a useable...albeit not good...radio
studio without spending much dough if it's only temporary digs.