Re: Solution for WWZN

The licensee of KXL is the same Rose City Radio that holds the license of
WWZN (and WSNR--which didn't stay with Sporting News Radio until this comedy
format launched). KXL is a legacy signal and a killer signal--arguably the
best of Portland's AMs (750 kHz 50 kW-D/20 kW-N DA-2). Yes KEX is 50 kW-U and
Class A besides, but if there isn't a lot of co-channel interference, 20 kW
on 750 trumps 50 kW on 1190. I think 750 is pretty quiet at night in the
Pacific Northwest--aside from KXL, of course.

Leased ethnic was obviously the best way to bring in cash in the New York
market, so WSNR flipped, But the last time I was in Portland OR (maybe five
years ago), the whole AM dial spoke English. Lotta religion--but all in
English. Blew me away. Portland is not a huge market, but it's pretty big and
even then I didn't think that there were any major markets left in the US
where the AM band was still almost purely in English.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367