WWZN

I don't know why I never thought of this before (perhaps Dan S. will tell
me why :-)...

Could 1510 be the solution to Clear Channel's 1200 woes?

$11 million for 1510, less whatever 1200's current facility could be sold
for ($5-6 million to the right buyer?) is a pittance compared
with the long-term cost of pursuing the Battle of Oak Hill. I still don't
believe Clear Channel's engineering brass really understand
what a political hot potato the Oak Hill project might be.

So let's say CCU gives up on 1200, sells WKOX in its current form and buys
WWZN from SNR. ...so what?

CCU also owns WLAC in Nashville - and thus CCU also holds the opportunity
to do some pattern-tweaking and mutual interference
agreements on both facilities. WLAC's current facility is sufficiently
north of Nashville that I'd think it could accept some
interference from WWZN and still serve its market quite well - and in any
event Nashville's a much smaller market than Boston,
so the sacrifice might still be worthwhile.

So, Dan and the rest of the gang - what could 1510 Boston do if Nashville
WEREN'T a factor?