Re: WSRS ( W1XOJ )

Aaron wrote:
> Again, there is no way WSRS (96.1) can effectively move their signal into
> Boston.  It is not going to happen - they're as close to Boston as they're
> going to get without going directional (because of WATD) and if they went
> directional it still wouldn't get a good Boston signal...WATD covers too
> much of the city.   WSRS can only sacrifice a solid Worcester signal in
> favor of a lousy Boston signal.  It's a lose-lose situation.

Well, this is why I mentioned that WATD would also have to be moved,
therefore...

> There is nowhere for WATD to go...certainly nowhere on an adjacent
channel,
> down is WHRB (95.3) and WBRU (95.5)...up is WSRS and WTKK (96.9).
Anywhere
> else would be a new allocation and therefore subject to auction rules,
> where they'd probably get out-bid on their own license!

Would something on 95.7 directional to the southeast from the Marshfield
site (or even maybe somewhere a little further northwest -- Bridgewater,
maybe?), to protect WZID, work?

> The funny thing is that WAAF's real problem is not Kiss108/WXKS and
> Magic106.7/WMJX....THAT problem could be easily solved by WAAF moving to
> the Prudential tower.  2nd adjacent interference is rarely a problem when
> you co-locate the sticks.   Fun107.1/WFHN in New Bedford would be
> troublesome, but nothing a directional null to the south couldn't
> fix.   The problem with the idea is that WAAF on the Pru would be a lot
> harder pressed to have their service contour cover their city of license:
> Worcester.  It'd be a close call at best and the FCC takes a VERY dim view
> about a station changing their COL.

How could WAAF move to the Pru? It's third adjacent to Kiss and Magic. And
COL changes are happening left-and-right on move-ins nowadays; all one needs
to do is see what Entercom is doing in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

> For what it is worth, when WAAF does move to Westborough, they ought to
> come in better in Cambridge and some of Boston (Allston-Brighton,
notably),
> the directional lobe aims more to the north of the city, but it's
> retreating from areas like Medfield & Westwood.

Not that ARS was doing it to expand WAAF's footprint (more or less just to
fill up programming time), but the best move they made with 1150 was
simulcasting WAAF on there and giving it a real signal in the city.

---