RE: WSRS ( W1XOJ )

> Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:18:44 +0000
> From: dan.strassberg@att.net
> Subject: Re: WSRS ( W1XOJ )
>

> I think it's kind of ironic that the Worcester FM station that probably
> could move closer to Boston if it wanted to (WSRS) apparently isn't
> interested in moving.

Which I speculate may be based on programming more than technical.

WSRS is far and away the top rated station in the Worcester market,
13.4 in the last book, about six points above next in line WAAF with
a 7.5 share.

Clear Channel may not see any need to mess with what is a good thing
in it's market. They probably are aware that WMJX has the lock on the
similar format in Boston proper. They may realize that it wouldn't be
worth any expense to make any moves for what little gain they might get
out of it, and to possibly risk any erosion of their excellent ratings
in their area.

I think it's probably an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .