Re: WSRS ( W1XOJ )

Eli wrote:
> Which I speculate may be based on programming more than technical.
>
> WSRS is far and away the top rated station in the Worcester market,
> 13.4 in the last book, about six points above next in line WAAF with
> a 7.5 share.
>
> Clear Channel may not see any need to mess with what is a good thing
> in it's market. They probably are aware that WMJX has the lock on the
> similar format in Boston proper. They may realize that it wouldn't be
> worth any expense to make any moves for what little gain they might get
> out of it, and to possibly risk any erosion of their excellent ratings
> in their area.
>
> I think it's probably an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

I would be surprised if Entercom hasn't pitched a WAAF-for-WSRS straight-up
swap to Clear Channel in the past. What WAAF would lose in signal strength
from 107.3, it would gain in metro signal with a moved-in 96.1 (and a
bought-off 95.9 ... is there any other allocation WATD could move to, or are
they essentially cooked if they were to bail from 95.9?). And WSRS would
still have a strong signal in Woosta on 107.3.

Of course, this also violates the basic "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
mantra, but I'm sure Entercom might be able to solve this by greasing a few
palms.

---