Fwd: RE: Double letters in Boston-market calls

>DATE: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:40:53
>From: Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@yahoo.com>
>To: Magnadan <magnadan@comcast.net>, boston-radio->interest@bostonradio.org

>Also, I used to have a bit of a newspaper from '67 or
>so (when I was all of 5!) with an ad which said
>something like, "Beautiful...the all-time X/R
>Hit Parade. WXHR 740/96.9" (and a cartoon of a bee
>next to a flower.) Again, I no longer have it
>but I'm guessing WXHR was beautiful music or
>easy listening at the time?

WXHR-FM during its existence as an FM standalone was
full-throttle classical.  Late in its life, it joined with
co-owned AM 740 as WXHR AM&FM and programmed light, accessible,
shorter pieces during the AM's daytime hours.  Then at night,
became more substantial...but then Kaiser/Globe came along waving $$$$$$$$$$.

Laurence Glavin