RE: Double letters in Boston-market calls

Well, I don't recall 740 simulcasting WXHR-FM 96.9, but I do recall a short
period when 740 had the WXHR (AM) calls. I think the station was sold shortly
afterward and became WCAS--targeting Watertown, Cambridge, Arlington,
Somerville, and Belmont. That was before the folk-music format, which the
station also did as WCAS. And I remember the morning man from the WXHR (AM)
period. I thought he was way too talented to be on a 250W daytimer. His name
was Patrick Downey. The music mix on 740 at the time was probably not all that
different from what was on some of the other beautiful music stations, although
I think it tended to be brighter than most. The most comparable station in the
market right now is probably WBOQ.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205