Re: All Beatles

At 12:45 PM 7/8/2003, Hakim Madjid wrote:
>I dare say if you take the entire recorded output of
>the Beatles, even if you went back to bootleg
>Quarrymen recordings or something, probably you only
>wind up with about oh I'd hazard a guess of maybe
>16-20 hours of programming AT MOST before you had to
>repeat the whole playlist. This is even allowing for
>ads, chatty DJs, TOH news bullietns...etc.

That little???  Even with recordings of live performances?

I don't know much about Beatles music, but as a way of example, I think
Pearl Jam live bootlegs now total something like 500 hours of
material.  They tour a LOT and make a point to mix it up a little with each
show.

God only knows how many years and years of tape it would take to hold all
of the Grateful Dead's live tapes.  I understand Phish is well on their way
to doing the same...