Re: CBS & The Pops

I notice the first credit that ran aty about 11:59PM was:

         Executive Producer - David Mugar

There was a newspaper columninst that wrote that between July 3 and July 6th
DAvid Mugar owns everything in Back Bay.  I guess he pulls his weight and
unless he gets his way, he can always close the cash drawer.

Funny though that he needed to be named "Executive Producer" on the CBS
credits.

> Now the question I can not get answered, why did Mugar keep the
> production at WCVB all the years he owned WNEV/WHDH????

Every year it appears that Mugar gets more and more authority of this event.
It was once (upon a time) a BSO event...with the BSO making most of the
decisions.  Now it is a David Mugar event...and he calls the shots.

When he owned WNEV/WHDH..I don't know if it was he who was awarding the
contracts.

It seems he has taken more interest in this event since he sold  Channel 7.
(Maybe he needs more things to occupy his time since 7....oh whats a
millionaire to do with all his time!)

JP