Re: CBS & The Pops

I haven't had time to post until now but I worked crew Friday night and
then had to be in the Bronx 12 hours later.

 From a pure production point the overall feed was far superior than
anything WCVB did the past 15 years  BUT

The program was changed bigtime where the 1812 became the intermission
instead of the leadin to fireworks. As far as audio concerned, once 4
went to network you were dealing with a second bird hop which wasn't in
play until 9 58.

This was a David Mugar production pure and simple, his contract with CBS
and by extension TV4 was to deliver the program (audio and video)

Now the question I can not get answered, why did Mugar keep the
production at WCVB all the years he owned WNEV/WHDH????