Re: Fwd: MEDIA BLITZ BY JOHN MOLORI, 5/13/03

Ron Bello writes:
> WCBS in NYC has the Yankees

Yes, but Infinity owns the news radio market there anyway, so if WCBS is off
airing something else, everyone will just flip over to WINS. (Does WBBR even
register a blip in the NYC books?)

Here, if WBZ dumped out of Brudnoy for 140 night a year (100 or so Sox
weeknight games, 40 or so Bruins weeknight games), out of the 250 or so he
could be on, they would be pissing off Bruds and shooting themselves majorly
in the foot -- and encouraging WRKO to toss a big local name in that spot
(if Entercom was too cheap/unwilling to hire Brudnoy himself).

I wonder if WBZ will go all-news in that slot once Brudnoy retires/goes off
to greener pastures. I know they program talk in other night slots as well,
but I'm guessing that's mainly for continuity's sake. He's gotta be clearing
some big $$ for Infinity.