RE: Bob Ryan suspended one month

> I agree.  The further context of Ryan's remarks was the
> discussion of the
> chants about the allegation of Kidd hitting his wife.  That
> history makes
> Ryan's remarks more objectionable.  If there had been no
> issue of domestic
> violence, I could write off Ryan's remark as a bad choice of
> words.  But in
> the context of the domestic violence allegations, they are offensive.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Lobel tried to give Ryan a mulligan (at least once) on the remark.  Ryan had
more than a brain hiccup there.  He passed on the chance to rethink his wording.
Had he done so, such as, "Oh, I didn't mean it as I just said it...." and then
rephrased, he likely would have gotten a pass after a walk to the woodshed.  Not
a rookie error.

Bill O'Neill