Re: Bob Ryan suspended one month

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sid Schweiger" <sid@wrko.com>
To: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Bob Ryan suspended one month

 > Not the point.  Not the point at all.  He could have expressed the same
sentiment quite differently, without making an invidious reference to
"smack(ing) her."  He easily could have said, "She needs a reality check,"
or "She needs to stop using her child," or "Using her child is despicable,"
or any other of a number of non-violent references.

I agree.  The further context of Ryan's remarks was the discussion of the
chants about the allegation of Kidd hitting his wife.  That history makes
Ryan's remarks more objectionable.  If there had been no issue of domestic
violence, I could write off Ryan's remark as a bad choice of words.  But in
the context of the domestic violence allegations, they are offensive.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine