Re: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

> At 07:30 PM 4/11/2003 -0400, RadioTony@aol.com wrote:
> >It was nice to see that I wasn't the only one critical about what the
> >networks have been ignoring. However, the
> >question is this: Why is it okay for the news to ignore thousands of
Iraqi
> >civilian deaths/injuries but it is NOT
> >okay that CNN ignored Hussein's brutal regime to keep a competive edge?
As
> >a journalist and broadcaster, this seems
> >hypocritical to me.

I just saw an Arab professor at a US university interviewed.  He was
strongly anti-war and he said that experts estimate that 1400 Iraqi
civilians have been killed so far in the war.  If that number is anywhere
close to correct, the media should be playing up how few civilians have been
killed.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine