Re: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
To: <RadioTony@aol.com>; <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

> Why not?  The State Dep't and CIA ignored Hussein's brutal regime to keep
> competitive edge in the Iran-Iraq war?

Political leaders are often put in the position of choosing between two bad
options.  It is easy to say that our policy towards Iraq has been
inconsistent, but I have heard anyone suggest that the world would have been
better off in Iran had won the war and put a radical Islamist in charge in
Iraq.

Politicians have an agenda.  Everything they do and say is to advance their
political ends.  People judge them in that light.  The media claims to be
trying to report objective truth.  CNN clearly made a deal with the devil to
keep their Baghdad bureau open and was willing to give up reporting the
truth as part of the deal.  They should have pulled out and told the story.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine