RE: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

>Exactly! Heck, 1400 citizens NATIONWIDE is less than 1/10 of 1% (5000) of
>Bahgdad population! That is success by any reasonable measure. And less
than
>200 casulties of over 300,000 troops is also less than 1/10 of 1%. (As far
>as Iraqi troops...they higher the number the better...have we heard any
>numbers? What is the ratio of military to civilian kills?)

While I regret the death of any US soldier, I would be interested in seeing
the what the baseline peacetime death/casualty rate is to compare to what
we've seen in this action.  Likewise in seeing the unvarnished rate for
Baghdad.  By unvarnished I mean to include deaths from natural causes and
deaths from the secret police.

CNN (yes I watch it too) an interesting statistic in the early days of the
war.  The US casualty rate was fairly constant throughout the last century.

WWI - 1 in 15
WWII - 1 in 15
Korea - 1 in 45
Viet Nam - 1 in 15
Gulf War I - 1 in 1500! - That's not a typo.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax(978)538-7550
Sales(800)231-8849/Sales Fax(800)FAX-CSS5
www.cssinc.com