RE: The Game is Over

Russ writes:

> So.....all of this has been "a game?"  What was the final
> score? Which news
> media got the best reality ratings?  I know, I know - the
> ambassador was not
> literally speaking -but, still it's not a game!  And what have we all
> learned from this multi-million-million dollar expenditure
> for an engagement
> in the desert?   <rant mode off>

Just realized that that was the Iraqi ambassador to the UN, not the US, but same
deal.  And yes, some "game."  As for what we have learned, don't count on
concensus on that score, either.  Must admit, 1991 vs. 2003: half the time,
fewer lives lost, far greater impact, globally.  Happy Iraqis in the streets
sure beats images of their slain children on light poles as reminders to toe the
line of the regime.  Coverage on this will be interesting to observe, since the
crescendo has maxed-out on the dB meter.   BBC is doing an above average job
keeping it even.

Bill O'Neill