Fwd: Re: Telemudo and Ch. 60

>DATE: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:17:27
>From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
>To: Sven Franklyn Weil <sven@gordsven.com>
>Cc:bri@bostonradio.org
>>
>1330 is a Boston signal, licensed Waltham; it's >WCRB's old AM.  5 kW
>DA-2 from a two-tower array on South St.  As the >story goes, 1330 used
>to have to protect both of the 1330 New York share->timers, but when
>that arrangement ended, the array was simplified by >dropping a tower.
>It's still an excellent signal day and reasonably >serviceable at
>night.
The interesting thing about the NYC sharetimers... WEVD-AM
amd WPOW-AM...
they operated with separate transmitters.  WPOW had sticks
on Staten Island aimed NNE and it BOOMED into the
Boston area.  On several occasions, whhen I drove through
the WCRB-AM null, WPOW was clearly audible, although
I could see the blinking lights atop the 3 towers then in
use!

Laurence Glavin