Fwd: Must carry rules?

>DATE: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:04:10
>From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
>To: "Kevin Vahey" <k-vahey@attbi.com>
>Cc:bri@bostonradio.org
>Every system (and DBS operator in a l-into-l market) >must carry every
>station which is in the Nielsen market they serve, >and which can, by
>any means available, deliver an adequate signal to >their headend at no
>cost to the operator.

How about channels 46 in Norwell and 48 in Woostah?
The cable system "serving" Methuen carries both,
but neither seems to be receivable locally.
(I say "seems" because my main TV is on the cable,
but I have a table-top TV in the kitchen with a
boosted indoor antenna and neither comes in where
I live.)
I had assumed they picked up the bizarre programming
(more bizarre than some other "religious" programs I've
glimpsed; one "reverend" claimed that most people  around
Methuselah's time lived to be hundreds of years old because the atmosphere
and water were conducive to life at Dick Clarkian length) from Daystar's satellite feed, but channel
48 ID's show up on the screen on or about the hour.
I've never seen an ID for channel 46.

Laurence Glavin