Re: NBC's David Bloom, RIP

When I went back up to Mass. on vacation last month, I had the opportunity
to listen to Imus on 96.9 briefly.  He sounds worryingly hoarse and tired on
the air.  (Is worryingly a word, LOL) Definitely NOT the Imus in the Morning
from WNBC - this guy sounds very, very old.

Not sure how his health is, but one has to think that with all the chemicals
he played with over the years it negatively affected him - and now is
catching up with him...  :(  I always loved his show but if McCord weren't
there along with that intern, the I-man sounds like he would have no show at
all.  Am I wrong, or did I just hear one bad show?

I'm not meaning to slam Imus, just worried.  I remeber him at WNBC toward
the end of it's existance and his was the funniest show - and he still
rocked!  IMHO, Imus was so much better than Stern, no comparison...but these
days it sounds like he should join brother Fred at the ranch...

> On 7 Apr 2003 at 7:04, Bill O'Neill wrote:
>
> > Speaking of Imus, he was out sick on Friday and is out today.  His
> > sick-time track record has not been great over the past few mos.
There's