Re: Here & Now on Clear Channel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Weil" <kc1ih@mac.com>
To: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: Here & Now on Clear Channel

> Now hold on, these issues aren't particularly liberal issues.  One of the
> bigger environmental organizations, The Nature Conservancy, is largely
> supported by conservatives.  Some major supporters of the arts are
> conservative.  And aren't there some international conservative
organizations?

Yeah, yeah.  There are lots of Republicans that give to conservation and
arts groups, but I'm a Republican, I can tell you that those issues on not
high on the conservative agenda.  The Nature Conservancy and other land
conservacy groups are very unpopular with conservatives in Maine.  (Not me,
but with the real conservatives who think I'm a liberal.)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine