Re: Here & Now on Clear Channel

At 03:46 PM 4/1/2003 -0800, Richard Chonak wrote:
>Aaron wrote:
> > I don't think H&N is really "distributed" at all, is it?  WBUR
> > pays to put it up on a satellite but that's more for NHPR than
> > anything else I'd imagine.   AFAIK if there are any other
> > stations/networks carrying H&N beside WBUR & NHPR...it's fewer
> > than half a dozen transmitters.
>
>Why, H&N is available nationally now, via Sirius:
>http://www.npr.org/programs/nprnow/index.html
>
>--RC

God help us all.

I wonder if any affiliates are making the mistake of using the Sirius feed
as their means of re-broadcasting on AM & FM?   Last I checked that is
specifically forbidden by the FCC rules on XM & Sirius...it's so XM &
Sirius can't (in theory) become a competitor of existing satellite
networks, which are all dues-paying members of the NAB lobbying arm.   :-)