Re: Anybody Listen To Howie Carr Today?

--- Dan Billings <billings@suscom-maine.net> wrote:

> Howie does bitch all the time about the low number
> of stations with
> streaming audio of his show (missing that he is
> doing a RADIO show) so he'll
> probably bitch about this too.

Entercom won't allow streaming, and many other
stations that carry his show won't allow it either.
BUT his affiliate in Keene, NH (and maybe one other
station) do stream, and he has a link on his page.
It can only handle so many slots. He could get
a better streamcast going, but--horrors--someone
would have to pay for it.

(By the way he mentioned yesterday that his
Bangor, ME affiliate mistakenly aired the first
20 minutes of the Sam Donaldson show. Someone
spotted the mistake and it was back to Howie.)

Lately, Net listeners have been able to hear
the Saturday shows Howie has done for Los
Angeles' KFI.

Newspapers feel they're losing many customers to their
web versions so they try to make it up by charging to
read articles/columnists. Some papers
will allow you to read the first few sentences
but you need to pay to read the whole thing.
(Me, I just started subscribing to the print
version of the Herald after picking it up on the
newsstands for years...)

Other publications are doing similar things with
their websites (pay if you wanna read the whole
article)--Billboard, Broadcasting & Cable, etc.