Re: Church bells

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:11:32 -0800 (PST) Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com>
writes:

> --- Dan Billings <billings@suscom-maine.net> wrote:
> > I think radio is an ineffective means to reach many
> > people.  As is any one
>
> I am with dan on this one....  I do most of my
> listening in the car...  Well, except for checking on
> the stations I work for.
>
> Could it be that this was a press release meant to be
> a news item and that the churches themselve got other notices?

Okay, I think you are missing my point.  I am going to assume that Gov
Romney at some point on Saturday thought that it might be a good idea to
do this, and that he thought the most effective way to do this was to
contact newsrooms across the state.   Obviously I know that doing this
will get the information on very few stations, but you'd be surprised how
many politicians, even the more seasoned ones, still have the impression
that radio is there to serve the public good and that giving a newsroom
(where they even exist) information is an effective way to pass items
along...many of them still believe that most stations have newsrooms and
that they are actually staffed on weekends.  I know, and you know that
doing it this way is in reality a mistake and that doing it on a weekend
only increases the chances that no one would actually get the
information.
df