Re: Fred Rogers

Aaron Read writes:
> Actually, wasn't Levar Burton doing that before, during AND post-Trek?
>
> And I don't mean getting nitpicky like how technically his stint on Star
> Trek might not have ended, and even if it has - the last film came out
only
> a few months ago.   I mean he's been doing Reading Rainbow for decades
now,
> hasn't he?

According to some stuff I've dug up on the web, the 19th season of Reading
Rainbow started last September, thus placing the show's debut in 1984. That
sounds about right. I remember that it came on the air just as I was about
to start elementary school or a little thereafter.

As dumb as this may sound, Mr. Rogers is the first "childhood icon" of my
age group (the mid-20-somethings) to pass on and that is...how can I
describe it?...weird?