Fred Rogers

I thought I'd throw this out.  As you know by now Fred Rogers died today
from stomach cancer at age 74.  Mister Rogers was an Icon as is Bob
Keeshan.
I really am not looking for a slam on the way things are now vs the way
they were then but I think the generations growing up now and in the
future will not have an advantage that we had knowing these men, perhaps
not personally, but very personally in our lives.
Is there any way that programs like the ones pioneered by Fred Rogers and
Bob Keeshan can be adapted to conform to the realities of today's
broadcast companies?  I'd love to hear some thoughts on how it CAN BE
DONE, not why it can't
df