Re: Fred Rogers

>I'd look at Levarr Burton and the great work he's done post-Trek.  There
>could easily be a vehicle for him that gives him broader reach and
>relevance.  I suspect it would not be a PBS launch, however. My
>suspicion that Rogers' insistence on keeping his product out of Toy-R-Us
>was a thorn in the sides of the network (although not sure about that.)

Go to www.fci.org, the website for Rogers' Family Communications Inc.,
then click on the "Catalog" tab at the bottom of the page.  Whether
PBS gets a cut of any of that or not, I couldn't say.  But I do know
that there were Mister Rogers albums available when I was a kid in
the early 70s; there still should be two of them hiding somewhere in
my parents' house, unless they've been given to my nephews.

>I don't see PBS developing new talent like that that doesn't translate
>to merchandise.  [...]

Perhaps not...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu