Re: Club Owners

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
To: <paulranderson@charter.net>
Cc: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: Club Owners

> There are going to be facts left out of broadcast reports because of time
> constraints and print reports for space constraints,  reporters and
> editors have to pick and chose what they think is relevant to the story
> and what isn't.  Jeff in his statement did not say there had never been
> pyrotechnics at the club, he did say Great White did not request
> permission and no permission was given.

But NBC picked facts that supported one side of the story and left out facts
that support the other side of the story.  That, IMHO, is unfair.

The media likes to quickly pick a villain in stories like these and it
appears to me that many in the media decided early on that the band were the
villains in this story.   Just like they decided that Gary Condit killed
Chandra Levy (and it now looks like he didn't) and that Jeff Peterson killed
his wife Lacy (which remains to be seen.)  They band may be the primary or
only villains in this case, but things are often more complicated than they
first appear.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine