Re: Stations prepare to cover Iraq war

At 08:08 PM 2/21/2003 -0500, Dave Faneuf wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:55:08 -0500 "Kevin Vahey" <k-vahey@attbi.com>
>writes:
> > WTTK and WBZ prepare for war. Peter Casy says he has a plan.....
> >
> > http://www2.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/radi02212003.htm
> >

>Looks like the only station talking about actually sending people to the
>front is WBUR.
>df

Who's WTKK or WBZ going to send?   AFAIK, WTKK doesn't have any news staff
in the station....and WBZ radio is down to...what?  Three reporters?  If
that?   They're both going to depend on their network affiliations to
provide on-site coverage.

Whereas at WBUR, the network (NPR) in some ways depends on them to provide
on-site coverage.  I have little doubt that NPR will send their own
correspondents as well...but I wonder if Neal Conan (Talk of the Nation) is
going to be going overseas if Dick Gordon (TOTN's chief competitor) goes.
Dick's got a little more international experience than Neal does, although
Neal was one of the main NPR people in Iraq during the first Gulf War.