RE: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's link to club stirs ethical questions

>Kevin wrote--
>
>If nothing had happened and Jeff had just done the report as planned,
>would he have said he owned the bar? Judging from his work at Channel 7, I
>think he would have, sadly we will never know

And in the midst of the finger-pointing (was the club over-crowded, was the
insulation flammable, did the band shoot off pyrotechnics without getting
permission), one issue remains:  the club got a waiver to NOT have
sprinklers.  This is outrageous to me-- and it occurred long before the
Derderian Brothers bought it.  Older clubs don't have to observe the newer
laws and I think that's wrong.  I think all clubs should have sprinklers--
it may be expensive, but the fire chief said nobody would have died if
there were in fact a working sprinkler system in that club.  One wonders
how many of the older clubs are fire traps...  And kudos to NECN for
raising that issue.  I believe WBZ Radio also had an "expert" on who
discussed that very thing.