Re: WABC IMISSEDIT NEWS

Sorry to differ but....

Tony Pepper replaced Jack Cole.  Remember the promo line to
"Join the Ellis / Pepper Bandwagon" in the early 70's.

Jack Williams arrived in 1975.  Everyone knew Ellis was going
to NYC.  Williams started anchoring the new 5:30pm news.
The 1/2 hour was light on news and known in the building as "4 play".
When Ellis left Williams and Pepper did 6 & 11 pm.

It did not take much time for Ellis to bomb in NYC.  He signed with WCVB
just about 6 months before his non-comp with BZ was set to expire.
He couldn't do much more than hold a microphone in front of someone
without talking.  I am not sure of when the triple anchor team of
Tom, Chet and Nat started together.