Re: What's up with WWKB?

Matthew Osborne wrote:
>Anyone know what the story with WWKB is?  Was
>listening to them on thew way home, and it sounds like
>they've gone Adult Standards.  First songs I heard
>were Connie Francis and another song from that era
>(wouldn't be surprised if the second song was by her
>as well, but I don't know the name of it), followed by
>God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood?  ALthough, now
>that I'm home and writing this my stereo here is tuned
>to 1520 and I'm hearing some religious preacher.

They've kept some of the late night preachers from the business talk days
(contractual agreements?  need for at least some revenue?).  As far as the
music selection...it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense at times...I heard
a Tony Bennett twin spin a while back, and they seem to play an awful lot
of wimpy stuff for a station that made it's rep as a rocker.  Supposedly,
they are focusing on songs/artists that were big in Buffalo during KB's
heyday (though GB The USA is a bit of a stretch).