Re: Muntz TV

At 12:26 AM 2/10/03 +0000, Chuckigo@att.net wrote:
>irt the Muntz TV jingle phone number and subsequent inquiry as to "who"
>has the
>old phone number now, Ron called and noted:
> >>"617-442-7000 is not in service at this time" according to the Verizon
>recording<<
>
>now THAT's funny.  but just out curiosity, Ron: what would you have done if
>someone answered?  i know i'd have gone into this long thing about the jingle
>and the phone number.  although the part of me that truly appreciates good
>phone humor would have asked for the Walls.  you know... Mr. Wall?  Mrs.
>Wall?
>Any Walls?  then what's holding up the ceiling. (hang up, bow, leave room)
>   and while we're on the subject of old phone numbers:  254 5 6 7 8.  still
>ring into 'BZ?
>
>- -Chuck (yes, my refrigerator is running) Igo

Chuck-

I would have said "hello" and asked who ever answered the phone
to repeat the name of the business.

As someone who grew up (maybe) with BZ radio 103 and 254-5678,
I have been surprised that this number has not been answered for years.
Yes, I have called it.  When I was at BZ in the mid 70s, 254-1030 went
to an answering machine in the newsroom that was rarely checked.
It seems that it would make more sense to have 254-5678 ring through
to 254-1030.  There are too many who remember 254-5678.