Re: Re:Re: USA Radio Network

----- Original Message -----
From: "tony schinella" <radiotony@attbi.com>
Cc: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: Re:Re: USA Radio Network

> Well, the Boston Phoenix is a network of newspapers and radio stations
> however, everyone knows that many of their stories have opinionated slants
> in them, not unlike columns in the Boston Globe or Herald. They don't
claim
> to be objective. I don't know if USA does or not but to promote calling
your
> elected officials after a news report is unheard of and uncalled for.

I don't see the difference between USA and the Phoenix  -- other than the
medium and the point of view.  I can't imagine anyone listening to USA and
thinking they were objective.  Though I don't think they announce their
bias, they make no attempt to hide it.

How are they different from Pacifica radio?  Don't they distribute news from
a far left viewpoint to public radio stations.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine