Re: WPAA-FM 91.7 Broadcasting Something

--- gf <gff@attbi.com> wrote:
> Oh yes there is an advisor because I spoke to him a
> year ago about the
> unmodulated carrier and  his response (in the most
> arrogant professorial
> tone possible) - "We're Phillips Academy - we do
> what we want - if we want
> to be keep our radio station turned on, but silent,
> we will and no one will
> stop us".

Almost sounds like what Lily Tomlin said in a filmed
piece she did for "Saturday Night Live" in the late
70s, as telephone operator Ernestine: "We don't
care. We don't have to. We're the phone company!"

Or what one of the members of Delta House said in
"Animal House": "We can do anything we want.
We're college students."

No one will stop you? I wonder if the Funny Cookie
Company will beg to differ with this man's views.