Re: Entercom imposes contract on AFTRA

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:54:28 -0500 "Dan Billings"
<billings@suscom-maine.net> writes:
> Has anyone done a study on on-air radio salaries in Boston or New
> England?
>
> It seems to me that radio salaries in Maine haven't changed much in
> 20
> years.  Maine salaries, generally, are low but my impression (based
> on
> admittedly limited information) is that on-air salaries have not
> increased
> as much as salaries in other industries.  I suppose it is simply a
> matter of
> supply and demand.  As consolidation and technology has decreased
> the number
> of jobs, pay has not kept pace with other industries.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I don't know how you would go about doing that.   Even AFTRA has
difficulty getting information about salaries of some of the above scale
talent working at union shops and I can't imagine stations themselves
giving anyone even a ballpark salary scale.  It would however be very
interesting to see.
df