Re: Job consolidation at the top

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Sean Smyth wrote:
> KYW Philadelphia I've been hearing the same "give us 22 minutes and we'll
> give you the world" riff that has graced WINS for years. Is Infinity

> starting to do some common-branding of its all-news outlets (save, of
> course, maybe WCBS)? Could this be popping up on WBZ during the day
> anytime soon?

Was KYW a Group-W (a Westinghouse station)?

If so, then that "22-minutes" catchphrase was pretty much the thing for
all their all-news "talking newspaper" stations.  I think KFWB in Los
Angeles also does the same thing.

Wasn't that the Gordon McLendon thing - started in Los Angeles because the
average drive from point A to point B is about 22 minutes?

--
Sven