Re: Job consolidation at the top

Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> writes:
> Not being a NY radio listener myself, are you saying they have already
> given up on that station (and perhaps needs a fulltime GM), or that WNEW
> is so dominant that it can run itself?

WNEW seems to have been a disaster for the past decade (or not long after
Infinity/CBS bought it), never able to figure out what it's supposed to be
and never able to make that transition into modern rock that WBCN pulled off
in the mid-1990s. It's a shame that a once-heritage station has been reduced
like so.

Staying on the topic of Infinity and WINS: recently when I've listened to
KYW Philadelphia I've been hearing the same "give us 22 minutes and we'll
give you the world" riff that has graced WINS for years. Is Infinity
starting to do some common-branding of its all-news outlets (save, of
course, maybe WCBS)? Could this be popping up on WBZ during the day anytime
soon?