RE: CNET Radio RIP

At 11:19 AM 1/20/2003 -0500, Hakim Madjid wrote:
>Howard Glazer writes:
>
> >CNET Radio is still available on XM satellite radio, which,
> >unfortunately, seems to be in similar financial straits.
>
>I think XM will surive though. They are pretty much meeting their business
>goals so far. I belive Sirius carries CNet radio, too. CNet is a natural
>for satellite radio - a target audience of hi-tech early adopters.

XM recently received a hefty infusion ($25million) of venture
capital.  Sirius, on the other hand, is pretty much going under.  They're
currently negotiating with their stockholders to restructure their common
stock in a last-ditch move to avoid bankruptcy.

http://www.rwonline.com/dailynews/one.php?id=2493
http://www.rwonline.com/dailynews/one.php?id=2484

CNet is killing their entire radio division on Jan.31st and laying off
"several" workers, bringing the company's total employees to approx. 1500
people.   Their agreement with Clear Channel-owned KNEW (AM) in San
Francisco is being ended as well.

http://www.rwonline.com/dailynews/one.php?id=2486