RE: Media myths (Was Townsend)

As a local elected official that does get quoted occasionally in the area
newspapers (Lawrence Eagle-Trib; Derry News; Manchester Union-Leader),
reporters get it wrong quite frequently, and tend to draw incorrect
conclusions based on small samples of information they gather.

This has happened to me more than once, including recently declaring my view
on a contentious local issue simply because I asked a few critical questions
about the issue, the reporter (without asking me) drew a conclusion about my
position on the issue.

So, as much as I may think Gore is a blowhard, there is reason to believe
that his "exaggerations" may themselves be exaggerations.

Lord knows the (generally) left-of-center US print media make all kinds of
bogus conclusions about right-of-center politicians.

"All the news that's fit to MISprint" may be more appropriate about US
journalism in the 21st Century.

Paul Hopfgarten
PO Box 279
East Derry NH 03041