Re: McDonough

Kevin wrote:
>> Can anyone think of anything that rivals the death of Will McDonough? The
press TV coverage has been extraordinary and now comes word he being waked at
the FleetCenter. <<

it's an interesting, but perhaps expected, reaction to the loss of a "true son
of Boston."  not unlike we'd see for any major city figure.

i had seen notes of a "memorial" service at the Fleet Center for Tuesday, but
thought it odd that it was scheduled for multiple hours and two different time
frames, not unlike a wake schedule.

there are those of us who may have known him in passing, or simply knew of
him.  but the detail to which we've been enlightened as to the depth of his
sports' friendships would not have me wondering too much longer about a service
of sort at the Fleet Center.  although i think his contemporary, Joe Fitzgerald
in the Herald, worded his column yesterday nicely, envisioning an "aw shucks"
reaction from Will.

my thoughts and prayers go out to Sean and the entire McDonough Family.

- -Chuck Igo